Mar 2, 2007

RSS Feeds

As I sit at home today (with pink eye) I decided to spend some time reading all the various blogs out there. I'm quite impressed with the variety of blogs that the libary staff have created! Some are basic, some of very creative and colourful, some are quite comedic. All are great!

This week's assignment was learning about the world of RSS feeds. I've used Bloglines as an aggregator for quite a while now, so I decided to give Google Reader a try. I must say, I like the different options for viewing and the set up of Google Reader much better than Bloglines. It does come down to personal taste, but I do think that I am going to import the blogs I have on Bloglines into Google Reader. It is more the display I think, over anything else, that I like better. It also has a great search feature.

As with Bloglines, Google Reader has a 'button' that can be added into the favourites menu, so all you have to do is click on the button when you are in a blog that you wish to subscribe to. This way you don't have to go through the dance of copy and pasting and hoping it has worked properly.

I've been enjoying this whole experience so far. It's taking what I already knew and is expanded on it. The best part of course is the playing!!

1 comment:

Lynn said...

I'm getting blonder and blonder everyday Rhonda.... but I think I will try the Google Reader on your recommendation.

(Pretty soon you won't EVER have to listen to that familiar refrain: "help me Rhonda" as sung at you by the beach girl....)