Apr 27, 2007

Browser Tools

I'm always amazed at how many cool things there are out there. I've used Firefox as a browser interchangeably with IE. I went into the add ons and discovered a whole world of things available. I must admit, I only downloaded two for the sake of time, but will definitely find time to browse and see what else is available. I added the weather, which is a nice handy tool. It is nice in that it resides on the status bar out of the way. I also added the Dilbert button which when clicked will give the daily Dilbert strip. Always good to have some comedic relief in the day.
The MORRIS bookmarklets are quite a neat tool. I added the whole lot into my favourites. I tried it out while doing some searching in Amicus for some gov pubs. It worked very nicely, although I'll have to try to set it up so that it doesn't open in the same window (don't know if this can be done, but I'll poke around and see). I like how the small window pops up and you can just copy and paste into it. I can see this being quite useful for cataloguing purposes.

1 comment:

Alex said...

nice! congrats on finishing up Learning 2.0!