Apr 4, 2007

Raise a Little Hell

I was reading an article in today's edition of the Hamilton Spectator that made me think about some people that I come across in life. The article can be found here.

I am a firm believer in trying to live every day to the fullest, get something out of it and be optimistic. Certainly we are all faced with challenges, but it's the way that we handle the challenge that will determine the outcome for us. I try to find the positive in any given situation. If something is troublesome, I look to see if I can do something about it to change the situation. Instead of just sitting and complaining about something, I try to find out what it is that is bothering me about it. Once I've figured out what that thing is, I see whether I can do something about it to change it. If I can, then I try to do it! I find that too many people don't do this. These people are 'happy' to sit and complain. If you can do something, then DO it, if not, then stop complaining, suck it up and move on! You are only a victim of life, if you choose to be!

A great song from past years was on the radio coming to work yesterday- Trooper's 'Raise a Little Hell'. The lyrics in the song sums it all up for me:

If you don't like
What you got
Why don't you change it
If your world is all screwed up
Rearrange it

Raise a little Hell ...

If you don't like what you see
Why don't you fight it
If you know there's something wrong
Why don't you right it

Raise a little Hell ...

In the end it comes down to your thinking
And there's really nobody to blame
When it feels like your ship is sinking
And you're too tired to play the game

Nobody's going to help you
You've just got to stand up alone
And dig in your heels
And see how it feels
To raise a little Hell of your own

1 comment:

Lynn said...

I'm with you on this one! I always really liked that Trooper song too...